Monday, November 10, 2014

Diva Challenge.

Webster's defines the word used as a noun as a "call to take part in a contest or competition, especially a duel, as in 'he accepted the challenge'. Synonyms: dare, provocation, summons." When used as a verb it can be defined as "invite (someone) to engage in a contest, as in 'he challenged one of my men to a duel'." There are other meanings but for the sake of this post these are the two definitions with which I am concerned.

Sometime ago when I first discovered the art of Zentangle I also discovered a blog called "I am the diva" by Laura Harms. Laura is a Certified Zentangle Instructor and on her blog she challenges us weekly to participate in a Zentangle drawing in which she provides the guidelines and a means for us to all post and enjoy each others tangles. The link to her site is on the right side of this blog.

Since renewing my blog posting last week I have decided to once again take up the gauntlet and accept the challenge of a weekly Zentangle. The real challenge for me will be sticking to it and actually getting it posted each week. Today I have succeeded.

This week's challenge was a guest challenge by Holly Atwater, CZT to create a Tritangle, a tangle using three specific patterns. They are Trio, Huggins, and Xyp. I always seem to have the hardest time with Huggins. I love the pattern but don't use it often because it confuses me when I try to draw it. Be that as it may I am posting anyway! Challenge met.






16 comments:

  1. Cool, wish Zentangling was on my list. Too much ART, NOT enough time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely tile! And welcome to the challenge, I hope to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tile. I like your take on Trio, very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool tile. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who is confused by Huggins. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done very well. I like the contrast in your tile and the way you shaded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tile. The Trio treatment is very inventive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Love your trio!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tile. Love the decoration on trio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So artistically done...I also like your commentary on the definition of the word 'challenge'. It made me think, "why exactly am I doing this?"....still thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice tile - I especially like how you have draw trio = so many things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Challenge met... AND conquered! What a beautifully balanced tile you created, Diane! The balance of bold to light keeps your eye moving and happy! All the detail in Trio is wonderful! THX for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very bold design to this. Creative approach to Trio.

    ReplyDelete